From 19 to 21 September 2017 Paris will once again be the trendsetting meeting place for all retail professionals with the third edition of Paris Retail Week being held at the Porte de Versailles Exhibition Center.
More than an event, Paris Retail Week is now the unmissable highlight of the autumn for chains, brands and e-retailers at an international level.
Sophie Lubet, Director of the Retail Department at Comexposium Group, tells us what is has in store.
1/ What’s new for this 3rd Paris Retail Week?
Paris Retail Week 2017 will be held in September and is set to be the leading European trade show devoted to 360 retail. We are delighted at the prospect of welcoming all the stakeholders in retail and e-commerce who will be able to discuss the challenges facing their sector and find concrete solutions to optimise their activity.
We are expecting around 600 exhibitors and estimate an attendance of 30 000 professionals. Make sure you come to Paris expo Porte de Versailles on 19, 20 and 21 September to experience three intense days of business, networking and discussions around IT For Commerce, Payment Solutions, Marketing, Data and Customer Relationship, Logistics and as well as the hot topic of the moment, the Digitisation of the point of sale.
There are several new dimensions to this third Paris Retail Week:
- The dates: from Tuesday 19 to Thursday 21 September 2017, for three days
- The place: the event is being held at Pavillon 7.3 of Paris expo Porte de Versailles which has been totally renovated and now offers exhibitors and visitors a very light and spacious setting, perfect for doing business, as well as an exceptional view over Paris!
- The Business Meetings are pre-scheduled, personalised appointments which all exhibitors will be able to make with qualified visitors enabling them to move forward together on specific projects.
- The Speed Dating is another, more informal method of networking: exhibitors and visitors can exchange business cards in a dedicated area during the exhibition and during specific time slots devoted to defined sector themes, such as the improvement of the user experience, the digital transformation of the store or predictive marketing.
And we are putting together other aspects of the programme but it is still too early to talk to you about them! We will have plenty of opportunities to communicate on all the operations currently being organised!
2/ What is the value proposition?
Paris Retail Week is much more than just an exhibition in many different ways.
Firstly, it is a unique opportunity to attend high quality conferences free of charge: Solutions Workshops organised by the exhibitors, Plenary Conferences and Keynote sessions led by leading French and international experts. In all, there are almost 250 sessions, free to access, over the 3 days. A concentration of expertise on physical and online retail which should not be missed under any circumstances!
Every year, we have the privilege of welcoming the FEVAD which presents at the opening of the show the latest e-commerce market figures. Thanks to the conferences, our visitors have been able to benefit from the experience and feedback of leading physical and online retail players such as FNAC, But, Ikea, Kiabi, the Chinese Alibaba, as well as the American companies Kate Spade and Whole Foods Market.
We also have the Paris Retail Awards which reward the best innovations in the sector. Our Awards are open to non-exhibitors, the aim being to showcase the sector’s most innovative companies, the ‘Rookie of the Year’ prize specifically rewarding the start-up of the year.
In order to move beyond the show’s programme of events and to show in concrete terms the reality of retail, we are organising Paris Retail Tours, to enable some of our visitors to discover Parisian stores on the cutting edge of technology and design. We want to be able to give an accurate picture of the reality of retail today and to really illustrate the sector’s innovations. This is also the reason we have created our blog where, all year round, we hear from experts on different topics and share with our audience, exhibitors as well as visitors, the views of French and international experts on the challenges facing retail today and tomorrow. We also have a strong presence on social networks throughout the year, again to share a maximum of information relating to the sector, with as many people as possible.
3/ Your aim is for business to be at the heart of Paris Retail Week, how are you going about that?
The mission of Paris Retail Week is indeed to be a business accelerator. This is achieved in the traditional way on the stands, and we have decided to optimise exhibitors’ ROI by organising the Business Meetings as well as the Speed Business Dating which I mentioned earlier. With regard to the Paris Retail Awards, here too the aim is to put innovative companies very much in the limelight, where they can be seen by the sector’s major players. We are also trying to favour exchanges beyond the Porte de Versailles exhibition Center: we will therefore be organising an event in May to which exhibitors, visitors, journalists and all those interested in our themes will be invited. This is also the aim of operations such as the store tours or the evening which we are intending to organise during the show. The theme is always the same: bringing together supply and demand!
4/ What are the highlights of this event?
This year again, the show will be packed with interesting content!
- The pre-opening FEVAD conference on the first day presenting the e-commerce market figures.
- Our plenary conferences, a series of debates where the professionals of the sector, including marketing and logistics managers, business leaders, omni-channel managers, customer experience managers, etc., will compare their experiences and strategic points of view.
- The Paris Retail Awards ceremony on Tuesday 19th September which will unveil the winners in each category – a real moment of consecration for solution providers, brands and e-retailers.
- The keynote sessions led by international experts including internet giants such as Facebook, Google, Twitter who share their strategic visions on the current challenges of the sector and their experience with visitors.
- 3 intensive days of networking with the Business Meetings and Speed Dating sessions held all along the event.
- The Store Tours organised in Paris providing an insight in a selection of the most innovative Parisian concept stores that have implemented remarkable innovations; a guaranteed source of inspiration for the top managers of French and international stores and brands.
Make sure you pay regular visits to our website www.parisretailweek.com to discover over the coming months the program which we are putting together.
We look forward to welcoming all professionals from the retail sector in Paris in September, for a week packed full of interesting meetings and business opportunities! In the meantime, you can, of course, find Paris Retail Week on all social networks and follow news of the sector on our blog.