Paris Retail Week was a partner of the NRFrench Party, the French–American gathering of retailers and e-merchants which was held in New York on 15th January.
Retailers, e-retailers and a selection of French and American start-ups whose innovations are aimed at the retail sector, gathered at the French Consulate to discuss the trends and innovations set to shape the future of retail.
Here is a look back on the highlights of this inspiring event which brought together 300 people for an evening of festive spirits and disruptive, hard-hitting pitches.
‘Store is the new black,’ declared Francois Loviton Country Head of retail and e-commerce at GOOGLE, or how the store is undergoing a full-scale revolution. To prepare the retail of 2020, certain trends are setting the pace: mobile at the heart of the customer journey which it is breaking up, video and images, firmly present in online retail, and virtual reality. The store is becoming a warehouse with ship-from-store and is providing a new link between e-commerce and the point of sale, the expansion of click and collect.
For ISAI, on stage with Google, interaction, artificial intelligence and IoT will be the drivers over the years ahead with sights firmly trained on Amazon. Curation and expertise will be essential, especially for marketplaces which must offer millennials personalisation and service. Brands have a vested interest in constructing themselves on new pillars: custom-made, bio-customisation (customisation using personal elements), product re-intelligence (improved product) are all set to overturn existing models.
Hervé Parizot, Head of e-commerce and Data at Carrefour, in conversation with the American Pano Anthos, founder and director of XRC Labs, sees the emergence of a new method of distribution which integrates e-commerce and physical retail in consumer engagement in the face of new technological platforms: data in exchange for a permanent service-based connection with the consumer – with mobile as the link!
The future is underway.
The NRFrench Party in a nutshell:
- 300 participants versus 120 people scheduled
- The Speakers: The Consul General of France in New York, Isai, Carrefour, Google, Local Projects, Mirakl, Techstars, XRC Labs
- More than 15 CEOs / GM of French retail companies present – retailers and e-merchants – such as Boulanger, But, Carrefour, Darty, Decathlon, Norauto, Pimkie, Solstiss, Vente-Privée, Vilebrequin, Yves Rocher, …
- 10 French start-ups sourced by Business France / French Tech
- 6 US start-ups sourced by XRC Labs
- The leaders of the FCD (French Federation of Commerce and Distribution), Perifem
- 10 journalists
- 3 techno sponsors: Bizerba, Ingenico and SES-imagotag
- 3 media partners: BFM Business, LSA and the Paris Retail Week blog
All details on the NRFrench Party on: http://www.nrfrenchparty.com/