In this article Paris Retail Week’s partner the French Digital Media Club shares the key figures from the latest Digital Signage & Professional Displays Market Analysis made by IHS Markit*.
Among the bunch of information revealed by the report on the worldwide Digital signage ecosystem, the following findings are particularly worth being stated:
- The digital signage market recorded a 2-digit increase in 2016
- Samsung remains the market leader in professional screen sales, followed by LG and NEC, and then Philips and Sharp;
- Sharp doubled the number of screen sales in the first quarter of 2017 (vs Q1 2016)
- Sales of 75 “and 82” screens rose sharply (+ 31% and + 34%, respectively), but the 55 “remains the best-selling size
- 49-inch displays are taking over from 46-inchers;
- 4K demand is growing but it was still less than 2% of the public display monitors market in 2016. However, 4K is expected to account for 3.5% by the end of 2017
- Ultra-thin screens (equal to or less than 1.99mm) experienced the strongest growth in the 4th quarter of 2016 with 5,138 units sold (+ 58.1%) •
- 3,000 high-brightness screens were sold this quarter, representing + 198.8%
- Transparent screens account for only 0.03% of sales of LCD screens (758 units this quarter)
- The average sales price of digital signage screens is expected to increase from $ 1,923 in 2016 to $ 1,952 in 2017
- High-brightness LCD public display monitors are forecast to continue dominating shipments at least until 2018. Compared with 2015, shipments grew by 38% and are forecast to continue increasing by 52% next year.
- LED sales increased by 107% compared to 2015 and are expected to increase by 75% this year.
Between 19 and 21 September 2017, Paris Retail Week will once again showcase French Expertise and will be the only event in Europe which addresses the omni-channel problems associated with 360° retail.
This third edition will bring together in a single event E-Commerce Paris, Europe’s biggest cross-channel event and Digital(in)Store, the leading trade show devoted to the digitisation of points of sale and distribution.
Take advantage of this event dedicated to 360° retail uniting the entire community of on- and offline retail for an optimal vision of current retail issues!
To register as a visitor click here
Free online registration until September 18th, 2017
Registration at the event: 50 Euros incl. VAT