Paris Retail Week will take place from 12th to 14th September 2016 at Paris Expo Porte de Versailles. Over the 3 days, professionals from the retail and e-commerce sector will come together to assess the current state of the market, to reflect on tomorrow’s concepts and decipher the latest innovative solutions.
With almost 300 conferences, free to attend and in different formats – Plenary Sessions, Special Sessions, Academies, Keynotes and Solutions Workshops –, this is a unique opportunity to explore the retail world of today and tomorrow.
Read on to discover the highlights of this year’s event.
MARKET ANALYSIS – THE ARRIVAL OF AUGMENTED RETAIL
With the arrival of digitalisation in our daily lives, new consumption moments are appearing and expanding. The boundaries between physical retail and e-commerce are fading for the benefit of a hyper-connected consumer in search of experiences. Retail is becoming augmented retail, the key theme of Paris Retail Week 2106. What are these new consumption moments? When and how do French people want to consume?
The experts present at Paris Retail Week will throw the light on this new consumer trend with four plenary sessions devoted to augmented retail:
- Augmented Retail: The response to the augmented consumer – Monday 12th September
- Analysis of the market
- Speakers will include: Ghadi Hobeika Marketing Director Fnac;
Thierry Lernon General Manager eCommerce, CRM, cross-canal, Magasins But
- Augmented Retail : Emotional Brand Experience – Tuesday 13rd September
- Overview of strategies which carry the flag for the Customer Experience
- Speakers will include: Jessica Delpirou VP Southern Europe Meetic;
Pierre Villeneuve Chief Customer Officer IKEA
- Augmented Retail : capitalising on consumption moments – Wednesday 14th SeptemberWhich strategy, which tools and which offer should be adopted?
- Speakers will include: François Loviton Retail Director Google
- Augmented Retail : Accelerated Supply – Wednesday 14th September
- Delivery and services- How to meet new requirements
- Speakers will include: Delphine Mousseau VP Markets Zalando; Franck Journo Development, Marketing and Communication Director ADS – Rakuten Group
Click here for more details.
FROM ASSUMPTIONS TO ACTION – THE EXPERIENCE OF RETAILERS
The Keynote sessions invite international retailers to share their experiences and best practices in their field of expertise.
Some key experts have chosen Paris Retail Week to speak for the very first time in France:
- Philip Rosenzweig, VP Real Estate, Store Design & Construction at Kate Spade New York – How can brands take into account the evolution of new consumers and the millennials? – What is the vision of someone who criss-crosses the world opening stores from Seoul to Oslo and from San Francisco to Tokyo? – Monday 12th September
- Maëlle Gavet, Executive Vice President of the Priceline Group, 3rd biggest international E-commerce group after Amazon and Alibaba, who will be coming from the United States especially for the occasion. – Presentation of the Priceline Group success story – World leader in travel (and related services), relatively unknown to the public under the name Priceline.com, but recognised through its brands BOOKING.COM, KAYAK.COM, RENTALCARS.COM, AGODA.COM, OPENTABLE.Com – Tuesday 13th September
- Sebastien Badault, Managing Director at Alibaba – Developing an E-commerce business in China, myths and realities – China’s leading e-retailer will explain in detail the specificity of this market and how to establish a presence in this country – Tuesday 13th September
- Patrick Labarre Head of Seller Services at Amazon France – Your pass for opening your business abroad – With tens of millions of visitors each month to its various platforms, Amazon has established a dominant e-commerce presence. Patrick Labarre will present the platform’s growth levers and the tools for growing one’s business – Tuesday 13th September
The Academies are an opportunity for industry experts to present their new innovations and share advice.
- Google Acacademy – Monday 12th September from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
- Facebook Marketing Academy – Tuesday 13th September from 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm
The Special Sessions are particularly popular with French and international speakers who can showcase their expertise and share their experience:
- FEVAD Special Session – Europe, the new frontier for French e-retailers – Marc Lolivier, managing director of the FEVAD, will lead this roundtable made up of professionals who have decided to break through new frontiers, successfully establishing a presence in Europe and who will share their experience and their knowledge in the area of development on the international level. – Monday 12th September
- SES Imagotag Roundtable – The age of unified retail – Experts will analyse the strategic issues facing retail which must offer an ultra-service in this age of ‘unified retail’, the perfect synthesis between the advantages of digital and the appeal to the five senses experienced in store – Tuesday 13th September
- Roundtable – Talents, new skills and the keys to success – Cécile Delettré, founder of the #IntFem International Network, will lead this roundtable which showcases the talents of tomorrow, the meaning of actions and the future of management– Tuesday 13th September
Click here for more details.
All Conference highlights will be held in the plenary room which will be equipped with a simultaneous translation system to allow international attendees to follow the conference highlights in English. Headsets will be made available at the entrance of the room.
TRAINING IN THE LATEST TECHNOLOGIES AND INNOVATIONS
More than a series of conferences, Paris Retail Week offers visitors several modules to hone their skills and knowledge and get to grips with tomorrow’s technologies and innovations.
As part of these sessions, the Solutions Workshops present the best offers on the market. Real ‘tool boxes’, these short presentations (45 minutes), given by participating companies, market experts, offer a blend of strategic visions, debates, shared experiences, practical advice, testimonials, tool demonstrations, discoveries. These discussions will be organised around major themes: Customer Experience, Digital Marketing, Logistics, Technologies, Transverse, Retail.
The event’s partners will also address participants through a series of workshops to provide their perspective and analysis of recent market trends.
Solution Workshop presented by international associations will include:
- BeCommerce, the Belgian e-commerce association, will present the figures of the BeCommerce Market Monitor on Tuesday13th September from 3:30 pm to 4:15 pm in room 7
- BVOH, the German Federal Association of Online Trade, will present its survey on marketplaces throughout Europe on Wednesday 14th September from 10:45 am to 11:30 am in room 2
Click here for more details.
IN-STORE OR VIRTUAL REALITY INNOVATIONS
A Special Session led by Cap Digital, the competitiveness and digital transformation cluster, will consider virtual reality in all its different dimensions: the 360° store experience, virtual changing rooms, conversations with a virtual assistant or ‘chatbot’, and the addition of virtual strata to physical retailing.
- Is virtual retail becoming a reality?
- Monday 12th September 2016, 16:00 to 17:00
THE PARIS RETAIL TOURS
During the Paris Retail Tours, participants will have the chance to visit a selection of stores located in some of Paris’ most prestigious districts. The concepts integrated into these stores stand out for their innovative character, the new technologies used and for their commitment to eye-catching design or the merchandising used to attract and support visitors, making the act of buying a unique, global and seamless experience.
There are four tours on offer:
- #1 PARIS RETAIL TOUR : The most beautiful arteries of Paris
Monday, September 12, 2016 – 9 am to 3 pm
- #2 PARIS RETAIL TOUR: The new must-see places in Paris
Tuesday, September 13, 2016 – 9 am to 3 pm
- #3 PARIS RETAIL TOUR, le “Off” : Visit of disruptive points of sale
Tuesday, September 13, 2016 – 10 am to 4 pm
- #4 PARIS RETAIL TOUR sponsored by SES-imagotag
Wednesday, September 14, 2016 – 9 am to 3 pm
Click here for more details.
Thanks to the presence of highly-respected national and international speakers, Paris Retail Week can once again promise a comprehensive panel of expertise, shared experiences and training for e-retailers.
From 12th to 14th September 2016, Paris Retail Week will highlight the French Expertise and will be the only event in Europe to meet the cross-channel challenges of retailers and e-retailers, for a global commerce: 1,000 participating companies – 50,000 visitors expected – 300 conferences. To visit and attend the conferences click here Free online registration until September 10th, 2016 (midnight) Registration at the event: 50 Euros incl. VAT